Monday, July 7, 2008

Fixed: Missing buttons on Gnome's "Edit Menus" menu.

0 comments

Today I was messing around on my laptop and I needed to edit a menu item. Like usual, I right clicked on the menu bar and selected "Edit Menus". But unlike usual, I was presented with a dialog box that didn't have any buttons to allow me to make changes! Also, I couldn't even right click existing items to edit them. Right clicking was ignored, and no context menu appeared. Basically, what I saw was this:


If you happen to be seeing the same thing, there's a simple fix for it. At a terminal type:

sudo aptitude install alacarte

That's all it takes to fix it!

After installing alacarte, 'Edit Menus' will present you with the correct dialog window:


Now you can edit your menu again.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories